Thursday, February 21, 2008

Karl Harwood's video on Gotha Germany

Below are the 3 parts of Karl Harwoods video on Gotha Germany including his interview with Wolfgang Lifferth. I had to break the video up into 3 pieces becuase YouTube will only support 10 minute video clips. This is the video that was shown during the Lifferth Family German Dinner program in 2008.

Part I



Part II


Part III



I loved the Johnny Cash soundtrack to the video. I grew up in Tennessee and heard a lot of Johnny Cash music. I know that Karl is a Cash fan and the sound track of the video worked well.

At first I thought that Karl had found some music by a German singer that did a good Johnny Cash impression thathad translated the lyrics in to German.
Part I

I googled and found out that Johnny Cash had served in the US Air Force in Germany in the 1950's as a Morse Code Decoder on Russian Army transmissions. One of his claims to fame is that he was the first American to discover that Joseph Stalin had died. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Cash

No comments: