Thursday, February 21, 2008

Repay the previous generation by contrinbuting to the next

I heard a parable by Dr. Laura Schlessinger's show about 10 years ago that has stuck with me. It was how you repay your parents or relatives from previous generations by passing the favor on to your children or younger relatives.

I was happy to be able to pass along some appliances to a younger cousin and his wife and children. The appliances were used but in good condition. They seemed very grateful for the gifts. I saw the gratitude in their eyes and it reminded me of the gratitute that I hve experienced from the generosity of older relatives.

Mary and I receive so much help when we were starting our family by Richard, Karl, Wes and others. I was amazed at how generous they were. They were not weathly (well maybe Karl) but they wanted to help out in so many ways.

It sure feels good to "pay it foward."

No comments: